Monday, August 22, 2016

Top Ten things I noticed while in the B.A.D

Life in the B.A.D (Beacon of African Democracy) goes on. Hawkers still trade on the street, the best roasted plantain still comes with peanuts/groundnuts on the side and Makola Market is hustling and bustling. However, just like the main character from the series Life on Mars, my recent trip to Ghana was like landing on another planet ....cue the start of the David Bowie 70s hit Life on Mars?). Can I just say 2016 has been quite a year for the fame faces of my childhood passing on? David Bowie, Prince and of course Muhammad Ali...but I digress.
Back to the BAD. Accra has changed so much at such an alarming rate that I just had to blog about it. Ladies and gents, I present to you the top ten things that have changed drastically since 2015.

1. The Trotro Price escalation and the preacher
I took a trotro ride for a short distance. Given that the distance was so short, I had my 10p ready to hand over. The mate smiled at me and asked for GHC1.00 for the short distance. Interestingly, a preacher got on for this Madina bound trip which is kind of surprising to me since I have only seen preachers on larger buses leaving on long haul trips out of Accra or on larger mini-buses leaving out of Kaneshie Station at Circle

No comments: