|When I went to see Quantum of Solace|
Anyone who has followed my blog for a while will know that I am a life-long Bond fan-atic. Yes, that is reason I've overused Goldfinger movie quotes in past posts and devoted a whole post to watching Quantum of Solace on the big screen in Accra.
Finally Bond is back in Skyfall. We have plans to see the movie again on the big screen. Of course this time, there will be Dutch subtitles running down the bottom. Hope these are not too distracting. Speaking of distraction, I was meant to be harping on about how 2012 marks the 50th anniversary since the release of the first Bond film Dr. No. In honour of 50 years of the Bond film franchise, I had planned a quiz of 50 questions celebrating my favorite Bond trivia. However, by the time I got to question 9, I had run out of steam. So I took the easy way out: 10 Bond Trivia questions only. These are ones I've known the answers to for ages but do you? Let's see how well you score. Answers are at the bottom.
1. Which Swedish actress appeared as two different Bond characters in two completely different Bond films? The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) and Octopussy (1983)
A. Ursula Andress
B. Ingrid Bergman
C. Maud Adams
D. Bibi Andersson
|Yaphet Kotto as Dr. Kanaga|
Source: Bond Wikia
3. Which diva sang three theme songs for three different Bond films?
A. Shirley Bassey
B. Tina Turner
D. Diana Ross
4. Which New Wave group sang the theme song for 80s Bond film View to a Kill (1985) ?
A. Talking Heads
B. Tears for Fears
C. Spandau Ballet
D. Duran Duran
5. Which actor was completely dubbed over in his Bond role due to his very thick accent?
A. Scottish gem Sean Connery
B. German actor Gert Frobe in Goldfinger (1964)
C. Danish delight Mads Mikkelsen in Casino Royale (2006)
D. Israeli actor Chaim Topol in For Your Eyes Only (1981)
6. Which James Bond actor's late wife appeared as a Bond girl in For your Eyes Only (1981) years before he became 007?
A. Timothy Dalton
B. Pierce Brosnan
C. Daniel Craig
D. Mel Gibson
7. From which institution is new Bond girl Naomie Harris a graduate of?
A. School of Hardknocks
B. Harvard University
C. University of Cambridge
D. University of Ghana
A. George Lazenby
B. David McCallum
C. Patrick McGoohan
D. David Niven
9. What is the name of James Bond's CIA contact and friend who was first played by Jack Lord of Hawaii 5-0 Fame in Dr. No (1962)?
A. Ben Lassiter
B. Chad James
C. Felix Leiter
D. Tad Smith
|The many faces of 007's friend from the CIA|
10. When Jinx (Halle Berry) emerged from the water in an orange bathing suit in Die Another Day (2002), it was a homage to which Bond girl who made a similar entrance decades before?
A. Honey Ryder in Dr. No (1962)
B. Octopussy in Octopussy (1983)
C. Pussy Galore in Goldfinger (1964)
D. Domino Derval in Thunderball (1965)
Come on, this has been too easy!! Answers below:
1.C, 2.D, 3. A, 4. D, 5. B, 6. B, 7. C, 8. A, 9. C, 10. A