Friday, June 04, 2010

To describe May 2010 as 'difficult' would be an understatement. It was memorable in the sense that I was pushed towards my maximum endurance limit in many aspects of my life ie work and family. Losses in the family, a challenging and almost impossible to execute fieldwork regime and strains on friendships meant this May was far from mundane. As I type on my mobile phone hundreds of kilometres from Accra, I'm reflecting on how I've become much older and wiser in such a short time. I'm also announcing my return to the blogosphere. After all, life's tragedies and comedies have created ample fodder.

11 comments:

Maya Mame said...

Sorry you've had such a rough month. A big welcome back to the blogosphere, you've been missed!

The Author said...

Sorry about the hard patch. But you said you were wiser and stronger - that is very good. It is also very good to have you back.

Sankofa said...

It's a shame about the tough month but you seem to have taken something from it so that's good I guess. It's wonderful to have you back and I can now stop bugging you on twitter!

Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Your mendacity precedes you, Abena!;-)) What was it u were saying about "still blogging" on twitter?;-) Ma tchire owu!! (if u can't read taht, I'm saying "I've caught u!")

Good to see you back!

Ghana_Hall_of_Shame said...

Sorry to hear about the losses and the rough times. A new moon is in full effect now so here's hoping it's a far better one for you.

kodjo said...

Welcome back! You was missed :)

Abena Serwaa said...

I'm touched! A big thanks to all of you!!
@Maya Mame, @Nana Yaw, @Sankofa @EKB @Ghana Hall of Shame and @Kodjo
It does mean a lot...

Abena Serwaa said...

@EKB You have completely lost me up the garden path and far away....Come again?!!!

Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

On twitter last week, I asked why you no longer blog, and you explained that you could never give up blogging. I knew u were not blogging cos I had been monitoring ur blog...

That's where the "mendacity" is coming from...no worries, though. I really was only pulling ur leg...;-)

novisi said...

soldier on!!! i'd be tapping from your wisdom and strength.

cheers!

Abena Serwaa said...

Aww...thanks Novisi...Long time no hear!!